Are you wondering what to get as a Valentines gift for someone in your life who loves traveling? Here are a few gift ideas that I personally would love to get as a valentines gift.
- Passport Sleeve – I love this stylish passport sleeve from Global Jet Black. It is very sleek and comes in two different colors.
2. Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot – I am so familiar the struggle of being in a foreign country and searching for Wi-Fi everywhere to avoid racking up ridiculous roaming charges. If you have an unlocked cell phone like I do, instead of getting a new phone, a mobile hotspot allows you access to the internet so you can stay connected with family and friends. The wireless internet can be paired with WhatsApp, skype google voice etc. to make phone calls as needed. I have not personally used it but I hear SkyRoam Hotspot has unlimited data and allows an option to rent instead of buying.
3. Spotify Premium Gift Subscription – If the traveler in your life is frugal like me, they are probably still using the free Spotify version, and because it’s free you are only allowed to access while out of the country for a limited time. Spotify allows the option to treat someone to a premium service in form of a gift card. There are options for 1, 3, 6 and 12 months and you can customize the gift card.
4. Power Bank – The last thing you want to worry about while on the road is power for your various electronic devices. I have used a couple of power banks over the years but this one from Anker is my favorite so far and it is very affordable. The only downside I’ve found is that you can only charge one device at a time.
5. World Map – I like having a map to plan out my travels. My friend, Iyabo, got me this super cool map a while back which I have spread up on the wall in my room. I like waking up to see all the different parts of the world I am yet to explore. There are scratch maps, pin maps, globes etc. Etsy and Uncommon Goods is a great place to find some gems.
6. Waterproof Phone Case – The skeptic in me has not taken the plunge with one of these yet because I know with my luck my phone will somehow get water damage while using a waterproof phone case. Select a phone case, please do your research and be sure to read a lot of reviews, test it out on YOUR phone multiple times, and then buy one for the traveler in your life if said phone case does its job. Trevor Morris recommends Catalyst brand, but again do your own research
7. Travel Tee – Tee shirts are my favorite for traveling. They are light, comfortable, dry fast and can be worn with skirts, jeans, or tights. A few brands I like are below Hardly Home, Wearbonbonvie, LLulo
8. Custom Jewelry – I am not a big jewelry wearer, I keep it simple. You can’t go wrong with a simple dainty travel themed piece of jewelry. Perhaps a custom ring, or a necklace with co-ordinates, something nautical theme. I recently discovered Charlton and Lola and I am sure they can create a custom piece for the traveler in your life
9. A durable Backpack – If the traveler in your life is team carryon, aka pack as much as possible without checking in a bag, then a quality backpack can go a long way in making their trips smooth. I have heard from friends that this Outlander Brand is a good one, its light-weight, durable, foldable, and waterproof
10. A surprise Weekend Getaway – Now this would be the ultimate Valentine’s gift. By now you already know a bunch of the places the traveler in your life hopes to visit, because you know they won’t stop taking about it. Find a long weekend suitable for a quick getaway, not necessarily Valentines weekend, book a trip for her, or the both of you. This doesn’t have to be expensive, or international.
This gift may be my favorite because it shows you understand and appreciate your partners love for travel, even if you hate it. It shows you pay attention to their long rants about travel and you are willing to take interest, even if only for a weekend, in what your partner finds joy in. Since I am such a nice person, if you don’t know how to make this happen, feel free to send me an email and I’ll put together a quick Valentines itinerary for you.
A random beach picture for some inspiration