I spent a weekend in Mysore with my friend Michelle.
- We stayed at an amazing Place called Mysore Bed n Breakfast it was such a cute and cozy B &B and we really enjoyed our time with Stephen, Manjula and the other travelers we met during our weekend trip
- We did not do the cycle tour, offered by the B n B, mostly because Michelle and I aren’t much cyclers, and instead opted for a Tuk Tuk tour which was organized by one of their affiliates.
- Mysore Palace (we did a walking tour of inside the Palace during the day, but we went back at night to see the lighting up of the Palace)
- Jaggery factory
- St. Philomena Church
- Chamundi Hill
- Devaraja Market
- Shopping- The city is famous for Sandalwood and silk, I ended up buying a beautiful Singing bowl made from Sandalwood.
- Mysore is known to be the home of Ashtanga yoga, unfortunately there wasn’t enough time to get to a class, so I settled with my singing bowl.
- Department of Archeology and Heritage Museum
- Tour of Srirangapatna
Its truly amazing how much of the world travel exposes us to. I’ll leave you all with a quote till the next post
” WE TRAVEL NOT TO ESCAPE LIFE, BUT FOR LIFE NOT TO ESCAPE US”